Subject: kern/exec_elf.c VS arch/mips/mips/elf.c
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG, tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/14/1996 15:18:44
Hello,
I've a question about elf stuffs in the kernel.
I'm running for 2 weeks Per Fogelstrom's shared libraries, and
a full set of dynamically linked binaries (including X clients) on
my decstation 5000/200 (pmax-port). This required some changes to
mips/mips/elf.c. Basically, I took OpenBSD's pica/pica/exec_elf.c, and cp'ed
it to mips/mips/elf.c with very fiew changes. This allow my to run old
binaries as weel as the new, dynamic binaries. As the system seems really
stable now, I'm about to send a PR for this.

Now the OpenBSD team merged pica/pica/exec_elf.c into kern/exec_elf.c, and
removed the first. What should I do ? send a PR for my current changes,
or try to use the MI exec_elf.c before sending it to NetBSD ? Note that
I can do the first monday, but I may not be able to do the last before
a 2 or 3 weeks.

--
Manuel Bouyer, Ecole Nationale Superieure de Techniques Avancees, Paris
email: bouyer@ensta.fr