Subject: Re: Quick Q's about 4.4 vs 4.3, fs code
To: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
From: Garth Corral <garthc@compass-da.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/14/1996 13:07:10
On Tue, 14 May 1996, VaX#n8 wrote:

> I assume it has to do with the stackable vfs/vnode/whatever thing.
> Does anyone have any references where I can read about how the filesystem
> works now?

The new daemon book has just begun to hit the shelves.  I think it
addresses this specifically.  Also, there is another internals book by a
guy by the name of Uresh Vahalia (or something very close) called "Unix,
The New Frontier" that discusses the 4.4 BSD filesystem implementation.

As an aside, I quickly perused the new daemon book at my local bookseller
and it specifically mentions both NetBSD and FreeBSD in the context of
carrying the BSD flame.