Subject: Re: Quick Q's about 4.4 vs 4.3, fs code
To: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
From: Aaron Brown <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/14/1996 15:46:53
On Tue, 14 May 1996, VaX#n8 wrote:
> Reading the Leffler book chapter on filesystems, it appears there were
> substantial modifications to the filesystem code.  For example, I can't
[snip]
> Does anyone have any references where I can read about how the filesystem
> works now?

You could try the (just-released) 4.4BSD book:

"The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating System
Marshall Kirk McKusick, Keith Bostic, Michael J. Karels, John S. Quarterman
Published by Addison-Wesley (1996)
Call 1-800-824-7799 to order from Addison-Wesley Book Express ($48.37+S/H),
order code 54979.

(of course, this tells you about a lot more than just the filesystem!)

--Aaron