Subject: Re: sd: MEDIA_LOADED not reset on last close?
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/06/1996 12:26:25
> it was my understanding the disklabel should only know how
> to write netbsd disklabels, and, that the kernel should
> know how to interface with what the hardware requires.

That's certainly not what someone (charles, I think) has said to me in
the past...

In particular, on the Alpha, the native disklabel needs to be
checksummed for the ROM to like it.  otherwise, it's exactly the same
as a native disklabel...

The person I was talking to indicated that he didn't think it was
appropriate to have the kernel ioctl's do that checksumming...  It's
now an #ifdef in disklabel(8).

cgd