Subject: Re: Dial-in and Dial-out tty's
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/10/1996 15:58:05
>As I said before, I'm willing (planning) to add these changes to the
>new zs driver for the mac68k port this week, but would appreciate
>suggestions on the method. Also, I'd like to dove-tail my efforts with
>the other ports. :-)
>
>Also, I could probably be talked into generating proposed diffs for some
>of the other drivers, but someone else (familiar with the driver) would
>need to check them over.

I think it might be a good idea to write a generic call-in, call-out layer
(maybe merge it into the tty system?) so that every serial port device
could have this feature with little or no modifications.  Admittedly, it
would be a lot harder than just modifying the zs driver, but it would be
a lot cooler :-)

--Ken