Subject: Re: Warnings in nfsv3 code--buggy gcc?
To: J.T. Conklin <>
From: David Brownlee <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/30/1996 15:25:30
	To deal with the gcc warnings have

	int var;

	Then if you want to run purify or similar you just define
	Alternatively you could do it on '#ifdef __GCC2'...
	This make it easy to untaint the source tree if gcc is
	'fixed' on this.

	I think -Wuninitialised is a real win, and should be taken
	advantage of, without needing to permenantly pollute the
	source tree with irrelevant definitions. (IMHO :)

                   David/abs             (

+44 181 888 8949 System Manager, Southern Studios Ltd, Box 59, London N22 1AR
 >=- OpenBSD Free un*x for {sparc,i386,m68k,...} -=<
       <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet >>>