Subject: Re: Real time scheduling in the kernel
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/13/1996 00:29:15
>         I have a mate that is wanting to know if there is any support for
> real time processes in the kernel [ ... ]
>
> I suspect that, from what I have seen, that this support is not there.
> Am I correct on this?  If I am, is there anyone with this on a "to do"
> list? (I am not pushing, just curious ;-)

No.

I would not be very hard to add the POSIX.1b real-time scheduling
interfaces, but you should be warned that those are "soft"
real-time...  (In include that disclaimer in case any "hard" real-time
readers read that I called the .1b intefaces "real-time" and wanted to
curse me for it...  8-)

chris