Subject: Re: Re[2]: Majordomo problems
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/07/1996 18:18:23
wrstuden@loki.Stanford.EDU (Bill Studenmund)  wrote:
 > > Take me off this list.  I have asked and asked and asked.
 > >
 > > I no longer want ANY netBSD messages to go to this address.
 > >

 > > I have sent unsubscribe messages to majordomo and majordomo-owner.
 >
 > things, leading to the list's death. I'd be very saddened if something
 > like that happened here.
 >
 > To Mr. Fink, does majordomo say anything back? Are you unsubscribing
 > from exactly the same address as you subscribed, etc? I suspect so,
 > but it needs checking.

I'm the list maintainer for tech-* and I've gone through my received-mail
log and of all the "APPROVE"s I've received back to October 17/1995, none
of them match any combination of the user in question... I've gone through
my list of pending APPROVE's (since 1PM today) and none of those are
for the user in question.

So, since I don't have read permission on the majordomo log file on
mail.netbsd.org, I can't see what's actually going on, but I can at
least atest and prove that I have never received any unsubscribes from
"wrstuden@loki.standford.edu".

And while it's customary to only handle subscription requests via the
proper mechanism, in this very special case, I will, one time only,
unsubscribe Mr. Studenmund from tech-kern.