Subject: Re: Of SCSI disks and things amiss
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/29/1996 15:25:25
>> a) stop pretending we have any idea what the geometry of a SCSI disk
>>    is, and just make it one large track, or

> Questionable.  We still need the BIOS geometry for, say, fdisk, and
> fdisk will retrieve the geometry recorded in the label.

fdisk?  BIOS?  What are those?  [%]

If some port has such constraints, that's its problem.  Don't hold the
rest of us back because of 'em.  Maybe they'll have to just mutter some
magic incantation at some magic spot on the disk and put the _real_
disklabel elsewhere....

*evil grin*

>> b) make the warning from disklabel(8) non-fatal.

I can't see why it ever was fatal.

[%] Note for the humor-impaired: yes, I do know what those terms mean,
    even though I don't work with such machines.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu