Subject: Re: fdesc
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/17/1996 16:26:12
>> (Having / [in the kernel] seems okay; /sbin/init strikes me as
>> unfortunate but pretty much unavoidable - and isn't there a boot
>> flag that says to prompt for init's pathname?)

> Perhaps a better solution would be to have main() prompt for init's
> name, if some flag is set (perhaps even that flag, just renamed...)
> in boothowto.

This is what I thought happened; I _know_ I have, once upon a time,
booted some machine with some magic flag and thereby had the kernel
prompt for init's pathname.  Perhaps it was back in the days when we
ran 4.3 on a VAX-11/750, perhaps it was a Sun...if nobody else gets
around to it first, I'll have a look someday at doing it.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu