Subject: Re: how kernel deals with suid scripts
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Monnier <stefan.monnier@lia.di.epfl.ch>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/08/1996 18:02:34
> If you compiled the kernel with FDSCRIPTS, then a file descriptor for
> the script will be opened, and in place of the script's name, a path
> to the open file descriptor (`/dev/fd/N') is given to the interpreter.
> SETUIDSCRIPTS requires (and defines) FDSCRIPTS.

Maybe this is a FAQ, but I haven't found it:
- how can I see all the options defined in a kernel
- how can I see all the options I can define when building a kernel

For the first, I understand that I can read the configuration file if I
have it, but it still doesn't tell me all the options defined implicitely
(like FDSCRIPTS is defined implicitely by SETUIDSCRIPTS)

For the second, the FAQ lists some, but it seems it's not complete for NetBSD
and has options which don't mean anything for NetBSD: basically, it's just
a hint, but not very useful.

	Stefan