Subject: Re: Problems with NetBSD/sparc 1.1, shared memory and SunOS compatibility
To: None <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/1996 12:21:25
>>>>> "Brian" == Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu> writes:

Brian> 	It looks like this function is served by compat_10(osemsys) in
Brian> /usr/src/sys/compat/common/compat_ipc_10.c which is called from
Brian> /usr/src/sys/compat/sunos/syscalls.c all of which are
Brian> surrounded by #ifdef SYSVSEM Which I have defined.

Brian> Can anyone shed some light on this mystery?  -thanks -Brian

Well it's kdumps fault really, I have a new ktrace system I haven't
yet submitted (or even adapted to std BSD kernels, I have a rather
hacked kernel with different exec and emulation datastructures) which
produces MI tracefiles, and actually presents the syscall set of the
machine that you were tracing.  kdump always presents optional syscalls
as unimplemented regardless if they are in or out of the running
kernel.  Well that explains the unimplemented message.  Your *real*
problem, the invalid arg, I have no clue about.  Sorry!

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist       Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00  Home: +46-(0)31-41 93 95
Applitron Datasystem   Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50  Home: +46-(0)31-41 93 96
Molndalsvagen 95       Email: niklas@appli.se     GSM:  +46-(0)70-714 10 35
S-412 63  GOTEBORG     WWW:   Here
Sweden		       IRC:   niklas (#NetBSD)    ICB:  niklas (netbsd)