Subject: Re: Clean bit bits
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/14/1996 20:56:48
>>> we have nightly fsck -n's run.  i _don't_ want fsck's run via
>>> mount's or time when i've got this.
>> I don't think anyone has proposed anything that can't be configured
>> to check only if the kernel thinks the filesystem was unmounted
>> uncleanly, which is what I gather you want.  I sure haven't.
> So then why all this talk about modifying fsck?  Why not just modify
> your rc file to pass the "-f" flag every 10 reboots, but leave the
> fsck/kernel source alone?

Because we want per-filesystem values for these things.  I may want to
check root once a month "whether it needs it or not", but /home every
tenth mount, and /var every time around at least until I figure out
what keeps leaving 0-size-file turds all over it...you get the idea.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu