Subject: Re: The VM System
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/28/1995 20:28:00
Chris Demetriou wrote:
>Jeff Mogul had a paper about the benefits of 'sync'ing incremental a
>couple of usenixes ago.  As i recall, it was a very good paper.

Instead of re-implementating what SysV has had for some 7 years I'd
rather go the full distance and implement an interface to the buffer
headers and a syncv() system call so that a user-level process can
implement the syncing policy in a flexible and per-filesystem way.

Or have the dirty buffers flushed by the pagedaemon when The Fixed VM
System(tm) finally arrives.

--
Christoph Badura	bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org		+49 721 606137

Es genuegt nicht, keine Gedanken zu haben;
man muss auch unfaehig sein, sie auszudruecken.  - Karl Kraus