Subject: VM system
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Onno van der Linden <onno@simplex.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/22/1995 23:38:48
mike@fast.cs.utah.edu (Mike Hibler) wrote:
> My turn!

[description of the main problem areas in the VM system deleted]

> As far as I know, the FreeBSD VM system addresses all of these.  How much
> better it is, I really don't know.  But that brings me to my next point...
>
> I agree with Andrew Cagney that, unless there is some compelling *technical*
> reason, you should just use the FreeBSD VM.  I don't mean just look at it
> and learn from it, I mean drop the sucker in and compile it!  Here is what
> I would consider ``compelling'' reasons not to do so:

[reasons deleted]

> It may seem rather brazen or maybe naive for me to suggest using the FreeBSD
> VM without having looked at it much and I admit to having an ulterior motive:
> trying to move the two systems closer together.

 Well then, why shouldn't we (folks from *BSD) form a VM project team whose
goal it is to creat a decent / fast / whatever VM system for *BSD ??
(Count me out as a member, I know way, way, way too little about VM at the
 moment).

"You may say I'm a dreamer ........."

Onno van der Linden