Subject: Re: nore on disk stats
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/10/1995 09:10:16
Jason Thorpe writes:
> Ok, so I have the kernel portions about 80% done.  It all compiles,
> and seems to run fine.  So far, about 50 files have changed.

BTW, I know it isn't directly related, but while pondering improving
the automation of installs recently, I noticed how inconsistent kernel
probe messages for various disks and network controllers were, which
makes it hard to extract the information you need by awking
/kern/msgbuf -- which is going to be the method of choice on the i386
at least.

Anyone have any ideas about standardizing the formats of these
messages?

Perry