Subject: Re: panic: kmem malloc: mb_map too small
To: Jarkko Torppa <>
From: Stefan Grefen <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/24/1995 04:28:21
In message <>  Jarkko Torppa wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Oct 1995, Peter Seebach wrote:
> > Certainly, I've never had that panic, even on a 6+ user ISP.
> One machine i'm admistering sees that often when the flakey
> ethernet repeater behind it fails. It has 2 interfaces and it is
> gatewaying between them, NMBCLUSTER right now at 4096.

Than dropping incomings would make it worse. I think missing acks
is you're problem already.

Work around: scale down tcp_sendbuffer space.

> Makes me wonder if there is/were a misfeature somewhere.
> --
>     +358-0-648090          Cute Communications Oy

Stefan Grefen                          Convex Computer GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany		       Phone: +49-69-665270
fortune: "You can't make a program without broken egos."