Subject: Re: eject program
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/11/1995 13:55:53
>    > CDROM's, MO and floppies using the same program? To achieve this, I
>    Don't forget those nice DAT-tape-drives, please :-)
> Be careful... for most of those stuff, if its SCSI based, it will be
> no special ioctl, but a raw SCSI command, usually offline or similar,
> while for non-SCSI based floppies it HAS to be an ioctl, and I don't
> even want to think of non-scsi disks/cdroms/tapes.

Hm, why not implement an eject-ioctl in the scsi-driver for removable media? At
least at boot-time i get the information whether the scsi-device is removable
or not.

      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2455
      Weekends: Bachstr. 40,   D-84066 Mallersdorf, Tel. 08772/6084
      Internet:, IRC: hubertf