Subject: Hanging more(1)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/27/1995 08:43:00
I am having a rather curious problem. Sometimes when I issue a command
like '<someting> | more' the more 'hangs'. It does not happen very
often and I can not reproduce it ;-( Non of the usual signals from the
keyboard will get it out [ intr/kill/susp ]. The only way is a kill -9
on one of the other screens (if you're multi-user).

When I do a stacktrace from the debugger, I see something like:

issignal()  [ pstat == SSTOP !? ]
tsleep()
ttysleep()
[....]
ttioctl()   [ turned out to be SETAW ]
[....]
syscall()

The trace is not complete. But I think complete enough. What seems strange
to me is the stopped state. From the code in issignal(), i get the idea
that this should only happen when the process is traced. I know quite
sure that this shouldn't be the case.

Does anyone have a clue?

Leo.