Subject: Re: i386 isa interrupt latency
To: Robert Dobbs <banshee@gabriella.resort.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/12/1995 05:01:37
> Heres an outline of things that'd need to be done to support multiple
> character transfers.  Note that nothing need be broken until the last
> step when the new functions are enabled.  Everything else can be done
> while retaining the original interface.

to my mind, if a "multiple input" routine is going to be created, it
should completely replace the old "single input" routine.  it's not
very much extra work at all, to pass a pointer and a constant, than to
pass a variable, and it relieves the need to maintain two both
functions.

that's a much more 'sweeping' change, though...

chris