Subject: nfs v3
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/29/1995 15:55:14
I have put a Beta test version on NFS v3 code up anonymous ftpable from
snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca (131.104.48.1) in pub/nfs. It compiles in NetBSD1.0
and NetBSD-current and seems to run ok, except that the diskless support has
not been fixed up (nfs_boot.c is just a place holder, for now). I haven't
had a chance to actually run the NetBSD-current kernel, so if anyone tries
this and it works/needs fixin, please let me know.

Thanks to the BSDI crowd (Mike Karels and Chris Torek) along with
M. Kirk McKusick, the code now interoperates with Solaris 2.5 etc. after a few
days of testing at Connectathon.

If you give it a try and have problems, you can email me at
rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca

Good luck with it if you choose to try it, rick
ps: I have held off w.r.t. the diskless support, because it isn't obvious
    whether it should be changed to use V3 file handles or just left "as is"
    and let diskless users continue to use V2 for root/swap file access.