Subject: Re: sbrk() semantics ....
To: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU, cagney@highland.com.au>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/10/1995 17:49:09
[ Manual entry deleted ]
> unless i'm mistaken (or just blind 8-), that documents it correctly...

Sorry, but then I must be the one that is blind.

I cannot see that the manual entry documents any result of calling sbrk
with an argument different from 0. If this is the intention (in order to
deprecate use of sbrk with other arguments), IMHO this should be more clearly
stated.

BTW, I don't understand the wording in "Data addressing is restricted between
addr and the lowest stack pointer to the stack segment." What does lowest
refer to? And what is the stack segment? Note that even if I interpret it
according to my a posteriori knowledge of the semantics of U*X systems, it
is wrong anyway, since there might be mmap'ed data in this area.
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800