Subject: Re: /emul/xxx for all/other /sys/compat/xxx?
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/06/1995 16:57:49
> > Hmm.. What about a context dependent symlink that sent /e to
> > the appropriate /emul/foo dependent upon executable format (ugh?)

> I don't think you understand what I'm suggesting. We already *have* a
> solution. See /sys/compat/linux/linux_util.c for an example. I'm
> suggesting doing the same for the other compats as well.

> Hmmm.. also, should the emulated roots actually be under /compat rather
> than /emul for for consistency?

Sounds much better. (With the defines, and if it's already the method
in use)

Also, because I'm a lazy 'filename completion victim' type, and
there's nothing that traditionally starts with '/c', whereas '/etc'
already has the 'e' slot, requiring two keys to complete 'emul' or
'etc'. Hmm, maybe that's not such a rational reason after all :) Still...