Subject: Hi
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Evans <john@hillnet.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/16/1995 14:29:58
I just installed NetBSD a couple weeks ago.  I used the bindist and
everything went fine.  Once I got my SLIP up and running, I FTP'd the
source (at 14.4k, woo!!).  Anyway, in trying to rebuild the kernel to use
the pcvt console driver so that I could have virutal consoles, but I kept
running into errors... so I figured I'd just try a straight build of the
GENERICAHA kernel.  It came out the exact same size as the one that came
in the bindist, but diff showed that they were different... when booting
with it, I got at least one error: during reboot, savecore said that the
wd0 device was not configured... there were at least two other errors
that I was getting when experimenting with my own kernel, and I'm not
sure if either of these popped up, but if they did, they were: 1. I would
get NaN for all the entries in the %CPU field of an "ps aux" and Inf in
the %MEM field.  Also, netstat would just break really badly.

Any help on any of this would be appreciated...

-
John

P.S. BTW, just to cut things off at the pass, I know that NaN is Not a
Number and Inf represents Infinity, but I don't know what the
implications of these are or what may cause them to show up...