Subject: filesystem, partition question.
To: None <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/07/1994 19:29:56
Quick one... it possible for a filesystem to be a few bytes (or
several, but not too terribly many...) short of the end of a partition?
For example, if a partition was 15mb (raw size) and the filesystem was
14.7mb (raw size) would the filesystem remain intact, or would the kernel
eventually panic due to a filesystem error?

Jason R. Thorpe                      758-2003
Systems Administrator            CSWest Room 5                    737-5567
CS Dept, Oregon State University
               "I brought my BOWLING BALL -- and some DRUGS!"
                      -- ztp