Subject: Re: Plans for NTP kernel support?
To: None <sjr@zombie.ncsc.mil, thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
From: Stephen J. Roznowski <sjr@zombie.ncsc.mil>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/22/1994 09:43:44
> From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
>
> On Fri, 21 Oct 1994 23:11:43 -0400
>  "Stephen J. Roznowski" <sjr@zombie.ncsc.mil> wrote:
>  >
>  > I was wondering if there were any plans for putting the NTP
>  > kernel mods into NetBSD.
>  >
> Whaddya mean?  I run run NTP just fine.  Do you mean external clock
> support?  As far as I know, NTP only really requires adjtime(), which
> NetBSD has...

I was refering to the modifications that are talked about in RFC-1589,
"A Kernel Model for Precision Timekeeping," and its followup document,
that is available in louie.udel.edu:/pub/ntp/kernel.tar.Z. These
modifications add two system calls:

	ntp_gettime() - NTP user application interface
	ntp_adjtime() - NTP daemon application interface

Sorry for the initial terse message.
-SR