Subject: Re: compilation for debug
To: David Gluss <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/06/1994 17:02:29
On Thu, 06 Oct 1994 14:12:22 -0700
 David Gluss <> wrote:

 > I tried that first.  Frankly I'm awfully confused because such obvious
 > things seem to fail for me.  When I turn on options DDB and put
 > in pseudo-device ddb, there is a reference to ddbattach generated in
Woah!  Never done that!  (Works great for me, too :-)

 > ioconf.c.  There is no definition of ddbattach anywhere in my source

Yeah - that's because config(8) uses a convention for `attaching'
pseudo-devices, which ddb is not...

 > tree, which is netbsd-current, up to about a week ago.
 > --David Gluss     408-524-3028

Jason R. Thorpe                      758-2003
Systems Administrator            CSWest Room 5                    737-2229
CS Dept, Oregon State University
               "I brought my BOWLING BALL -- and some DRUGS!"
                      -- ztp