Subject: Re: question...
To: None <ctilburg@cs.oberlin.edu, tech-kern@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/30/1994 14:54:49
   I still lack any 950 support although I have heard that it is there
   for FreeBSD-current; [...]

Last I knew, that driver (the `seagate' driver) didn't even work.  I
have a version I ported to NetBSD way back when the person who wrote it
for 386BSD first released it, but people I've given it to say it
doesn't work, and even the original author seemed to indicate that it
was flaky as Hell.

Looking at the code from FreeBSD, I don't believe they've made it more
reliable.

So, at the moment, I'd say you're kind of screwed.  I could give you
the version I have, if you want to work on it...

   I have grabbed the PCMCIA stuff at ftp.cs.washington.edu but have no
   idea if my PCMCIA chip is an intel or not [...]

Have you read the documentation which came with the machine?  (Note: It
probably is.)

I'm planning to put this code in our tree, but it may require some
changes, and it definitely won't go in before the 1.0 release.