Subject: Re: Making UFS optional
To: Theo Deraadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
From: Tobias Weingartner <weingart@austin.BrandonU.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/05/1994 19:07:00
You write:

# Actually, I want to tell everyone and remind Chris of a problem we
# ran into with libkern.
#
# Chris wrote an LKM which he loaded into the kernel. It needed
# strncpy, but strncpy is in libkern. Hence strncpy wasn't there,
# and the LKM load failed.
#
# This points out a rather silly problem with having these functions
# be in libkern.. any thoughts from anyone?

Yeah, modify the LKM to also do some load-time linking with libkern...

Of course, this raises the isssue of "what can we chuck when we unload
package X"...

--Toby.
| Tobias Weingartner  |    PGP2.x Public Key available at       |
|   (204)725-3342     |  'finger weingart@austin.BrandonU.CA'   |
| %SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, the operating system has been overthrown |