Subject: sigismember is "broken"
To: None <tech-kern@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@mulga.awadi.com.AU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/21/1993 13:22:00
After compiling CVS for myself I found that NetBSD still has the
problem with sigismember that 386BSD had.  That is, if sigismember is
passed a number > NSIG it will return true.  I seem to remember a
great discussion regarding the brokenness of this behaviour but
nothing seems to happened.  I have fixed the problem by returning
false if the signal number is >= NSIG.  Anyone have any better ideas
how to handle this?  The behaviour of sigismember as it stands, IMHO,
is broken - it should not say a signal is a member when it is not
valid.

"Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vaccuum tubes
and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vaccuum
tubes and perhaps weigh 1 1/2 tons."
                -- Popular Mechanics, March 1949