Re: Some notes from recent 10.0_RC1 installs

Definitively! This has also been reported for some macppc models.
We should have small fonts available, it probably is just a matter of adding
font options to the GENERIC kernel and testing.

I guess that one of

	options FONT_GALLANT12x22
	options FONT_DROID_SANS_MONO12x22
	options FONT_DEJAVU_SANS_MONO12x22

would make it work, but I have no easy way to test locally.

I'll test it tomorrow.

Yes, but not trivial. We now supposedly have access to efi runtime services on x86 which should allow us to configure "boot options" for each device (that is where the menu gets the name from), but it currently requires stuff from pkgsrc to do it manually, which also means (as of now) there is no way to do it automatically in the installers.

Perhaps it'd be worth considering hard-coding it to, say, NetBSD, if otherwise customizing it is a big deal? Is that an option?

John