Re: Installer Interface Update

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 09:04:08PM +0200, rgrant%posteo.net@localhost wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in working on the installer, in terms of the user
> interface and internationalization.I have been told Lua is acceptable
> in the base, so I am considering that as well.  What do I need to do to
> get started?

I would ignore Lua for now (there is some integration, even in the
installer source code, but by default it is not used for our standard
installs).

A good starting point is likely this tutorial:

	http://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/sysinst_translations_and_testing/

if you only want to do testing and translations.

If you want to go deeper into the source, look at src/usr.sbin/sysinst
and the msgc(1) and menuc(1) manuals.

Then there is all the build magic around it (like crunching and packing
into ram disks), but for user interface and internationalization you
likely don't need to touch that a lot.

Martin