Re: 8.0 installer failure

I wrote, of an 8.0 install failure,

> There was stuff on the disk before; I'll try wiping the first
> megabyte or so to zeros to see if that helps.

It helps, in that the installer then gets past that point, only to fail
later, with "Release set /source/sets/syssrc.tgz does not exist.".
Telling it to skip that, I get similar failures for the other source
sets.

The installer also does not accept "/23" when requesting a netmask for
the network - or, more precisely, it accepts it but then explodes
later, when trying to configure the network using it.  (I didn't try
specifying the /23 as appended to the address.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign