Re: How to translate NetBSD

On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 10:06:38AM +0200, scootergrisen wrote:
> >> But http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/ does not mention how to translate
> >> NetBSD as far as i can see.
> >
> > I think that all the meat is in sysinst(8) src/usr.sbin/sysinst/msg.*
> > files.

Indeed, those are the files that translate the installer. We are reluctant
to add more translations, as they need ongoing maintenance.

What language do you have in mind?

There is nothing special in this files, but one thing: a space at the end
of a line forces a line break. Anyhting else is mostly self explanatory.

If you have NetBSD installed, it is pretty easy to test your translation
locally, if not it gets a bit tricky.

Martin