Re: Making install CDs contain the full sets

martin@ wrote:

> Others, however, slightly explode:
> -r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  936M Jul  1 01:08 NetBSD-6.99.44-sparc64.iso
>
> So, this is not a CD image anymore, and this kills the idea (even if we
> could strip off ~ 6 MB by not expanding modules.tgz on sparc64 for now).
>
> Any obvious tricks I'm overlooking?

I wonder if we can prepare shrinked base sets for installation
(with options strings in set/base/mi files?) by tweaking scripts
and Makefiles in src/distrib/sets...

There is one more minor problem in the current method.
Extracting whole base.tgz into objdir for makefs can fail
on case insensitive file systems like Cygwin because
base.tgz includes both /usr/bin/Mail and /usr/bin/mail.

---
Izumi Tsutsui