Re: sysinst with Lua support

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013, Marc Balmer wrote:
Indeed. I just tried to build the atari port with Lua enabled, it failes because of teh size. So for now we could turn off Lua for these ports, but we run into a big problem if sysinst one day requires Lua. So I think it is better to try to shrink sysinst already now, so that it still fits on the install floppy.

Some ports use a floppy format that allows the image to be split over many floppies. The format is called ustarfs, and is based on a split tar archive. Some of the code to build the floppies is in src/distrib/common/Makefile.tarfloppy.

Those ports that do not already use Makefile.tarfloppy could be changed to do so. The ports that already use Makefile.tarfloppy might need the number of floppies to be incremented.

--apb (Alan Barrett)