Re: RFC: move md_init() in sysinst

On 08-Mar-2013 Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 09:01:31AM -0700, Tim Rightnour wrote:
>> Does anyone object to me moving the call to md_init down in main(), so it is
>> called immediately after the menu system is initialized, but before the
>> first
>> menu is presented to the user?
>
> Why not add a new hook there?
> Could even be a #define and the call guarded by #ifdef (so you don't have to
> touch every other arch).

I certainly could.  It just seems silly to add another hook that nobody will
use except one port, to avoid changing the semantics of a hook that nobody uses
at all.  I'm willing to do it, but it just seems like a messy waste.

(I'd object to the ifdef though, as that would be considerably different than
every other hook, and very non-obvious to other portmasters trying to enhance
sysinst)

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/