Feature request: Automatic installation

Hi,

there was a request from a hosting company that are currently providing
NetBSD to their customers, but having to do the installation manually every
time by a technician. So they asked whether there is a way of automatic
installation via network boot.
Apart from that, making NetBSD suitable for larger installations like exactly
that, or having a large number of desktop clients that are to be installed
automatically (like FAI from Debian), would be very nice.

I think, for the beginning a simple script that is started after a network
boot (as would sysinst be), then downloads tarfiles, uses the whole disk,
unpacks tarfiles, runs installboot(8), would be sufficient.
Maybe a script for the user is called in the end, to enable him to set
passwords or standard console (this could be implemented as well).

Is somebody here who already has something like that or has time to write and
test it? If so, please mail me. Maybe we could have an auto installation
script before 6.0 release.

Regards, Julian