Re: sysinst split project - The Configuration File

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 07:17:27PM +0100, dieter roelants wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:18:23 -0200
> Silas Silva <silasdb%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > I posted it here: http://pastebin.com/f5ec7a9f
> >
> > Please, take a look and make suggestions.
>
> I would put the "disklabel" (and "partitions") inside a "disks" or
> "devices" entry. I think that will make it easier to implement your 2nd
> TODO item (install on more then 1 disk) as well as other interesting
> features in the future like installing on raidframe sets, CGDs, etc.
>
> For example something like this:
>
> devices {

Hmmm, that looks a good solution! Thanks!

We will soon generate the second version of the example file with
sugestions from people. People are enriching a lot the original idea...
Thank you!

> I don't know how you'll parse the configuration file or how its
> contents will be internally represented; it may be possible to drop the
> outer "devices" from this.

proplib looks a good choice for the internal representation. I just saw
it today, so need to study more and make some tests before being sure.
But you are right, the "devices" concept may probably be dropped
somewhere.

> For the root password, you could handle the value as already encrypted,
> like useradd does.

Yes. Was thinking about that...

Thank you Dieter!

--