Re: boot-big.fs too big

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 06:13:52PM -0300, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > trying to create my own NetBSD/i386 iso image with mkisofs, noticed that
> > boot-big.fs is way too big to emulate a floppy and that's why I had to
> > use the -no-emul-boot to create the image properly.
> >
> > However, when I try to boot, I get the following message:
> >
> > "Please remove disk 2, insert disk 1, and press return..."
> >
> > I used to create NetBSD iso images before without problems, following
> > the good documentation found at:
> >
> > http://www.netbsd.org/docs/bootcd.html
> >
> > But from a long time, I didn't need to do this, and maybe I should
> > have missed something. Is this documentation up to date with 5.0?
>
> No. netbsd-5 uses the no-emulation boot method.

Yes, I used -no-emul-boot, but using this option gives me the "error"
described above. What about the documentation at
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/bootcd.html? Is it still valid?

Thank you.

--
Daniel Bolgheroni <me%dbolgheroni.eng.br@localhost>
FEI - Faculdade de Engenharia Industrial

ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
 against HTML e-mail   X
                      / \