Re: Enable UFS2, logging by default in sysinst

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 09:07:16PM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
> That's poor because ufs2 was integrated six years ago.

Sure, but only in the last year people started claiming that it has
any real world advantages.

On some machines it is pretty hard to arrange, since firmware knows
about FFSv1 and loads the kernel directly, but does not provide good
enough (or working) callbacks for a standalone bootloader.

Of course we can always go with a small boot partition on those archs.

> Is there a list somewhere that you know of?

I know of sparc64 (bootblock is in forth so can't call libsa ffsv2
support, but otherwise just a SMOP) and shark (firmware like above).

Everything with bootblocks in C and no too hard size constraints should
be easy to fix if there are others.

Martin