Re: Grokking miniroot.kmod etc.

Hi,
On Nov,Monday 17 2008, at 1:54 AM, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

Now with the new world order, I see a number of bits that I can't fit together:
* we build a ramdisk image from e.g. src/distrib/i386/ramdisks as
  before
* There's src/sys/modules/miniroot which builds/installs e.g.
  /stand/i386/4.99.72/modules/miniroot/miniroot.kmod, but it seems
  unrelated to the ramdisk image. Is that correct? What's this
  needed for, at all?
I think that this module is disk image it self, and you have to load it
to get root filesystem into the kernel.

Regards

Adam.