Re: what pre-creates log files?

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
What creates log files during installation time?

I tried searching through base sets, sysinst source, mtree specs, but
haven't found yet.

For example, my system complains about missing /var/log/xferlog which is
in syslogd.conf but not on my system. I am trying to track down source to
see if this is a problem with installation or not.

check the install-etc-files target in src/etc/Makefile

 - Hubert