Re: sysinst support for WAPBL

Hauke Fath wrote:

> At 16:54 Uhr -0400 2.8.2008, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> >Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:
> >> I wonder if we even should default to "log" for new installs?
> >
> >I think it should be the default.
>
> Remembering the endless stream of issues that came up with softdep, I'd
> say, wait (at least) until netbsd-5-1. That might save us some
> back-pedaling.

My initial thoughts are to leave it as not the default right now, as
much as I'd want otherwise.  It's still a pretty "new" feature at least
as far as NetBSD is concerned, but as we get closer to 5.0 time we
might be able to make a different choice about it.  There's still the
performance penalty with anything that uses fsync(2) to consider as well
- say you have a database app on the logged filesystem you'll get a
performance hit.

Cheers,
Simon.