Subject: question about x68k/inst.fs.gz
To: None <port-x68k@netbsd.org, tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Tetsuya Isaki <isaki@par.odn.ne.jp>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/14/2007 17:39:23
Hi, x68k users,

Building x68k port has been breaking around inst.fs during
a month.  I'm going to fix it, but I have a question.

Does anyone need inst.fs.gz and kern.fs?
I think that inst.fs.gz is a temporary file to build
sysinst.fs, so I think it should not be installed into
releasedir.

Am I wrong? or may I do this? (in src/distrib/x68k/)

1. Remove 'IMAGE_RELEASEDIR=' in floppies/ramdisk/Makefile.
   This will stop installing inst.fs.gz .

2. Remove floppies/bootfloppy.generic directory.
   This will stop installing kern.fs .

3. Increase IMAGESIZE in floppies/ramdisk/Makefile.
   This will make to run build.sh.
---
Tetsuya Isaki <isaki@par.odn.ne.jp / isaki@NetBSD.org>