Subject: Re: sysinst with dhcp: host-name option
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Mikolaj Golub <to.my.trociny@gmail.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 03/30/2007 11:12:57
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:02:25 +0200 Alan Barrett wrote:

 AB> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Mikolaj Golub wrote:
 >> +menu mntnetconfig, title MSG_mntnetconfig_save, y = -10;
 >> +        display action { menu->cursel = *(int *)arg; };
 >> +        option MSG_Yes,    exit, action { *(int *)arg = 0; };
 >> +        option MSG_No,     exit, action { *(int *)arg = 1; };
 >> +        option MSG_Change, exit, action { *(int *)arg = 2; };

 AB> Multi-way questions in which some of the choices are Yes or No can be
 AB> confusing.  I'd make this one say "Save without changes"/"Edit before
 AB> saving"/"Do not save" instead of "Yes"/"No"/"Change".  Or just leave out
 AB> this question, go straight to the edit screen, but have a "cancel, do
 AB> not save" option on the edit screen.

Unfortunately, there is no edit screen in sysint for network
configuration. Network setup is done in questions-answers manner. I agree that
edit screen is better configuration interface then series of questions, but
this question for another patch :-).

Here:

http://inec.kharkov.com/~golub/netbsd/sysinst/

are the last version of my patch and screenshots how it looks now (I have
taken into account Alan's note about multi-way questions). Also
netbsd-INSTALL_XEN3_DOMU kernel image is provided.

--
Mikolaj Golub