Subject: UPDATE: various changes on INSTALL and iso generation
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 03/05/2007 17:49:00
Hi,
here's an updated patch for my changes on iso generation. Changes since
last one:
- the "install" iso are genereated in $RELEASEDIR/iso instead of the
  per-port directory. If all ports are built using the same $RELEASEDIR
  it should end up with a tree that can be uploaded to the ftp server
  as-is.
- almost all ports have been converted. The remaining port not there
  is mac68k because, if I got it right, it still depends
  on features that we don't have in our cd9660 makefs.

I have a build for all ports running, which should complete tonight.
if all goes well I should be able to commit this in about 24h ...

Remaining issues:
- enable back iso-image in etc/, only for macppc and mac68k
- teach distrib/cdrom about non-emulated boot for x86 (but I consider this
  a separate issue for now).

ftp://asim.lip6.fr/outgoing/bouyer/install_cdrom.diff

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>