Subject: Re: sysinst::md_cleanup_install(): sed is too large for ramdisk
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/04/2006 14:04:22
On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
>> I wonder if there's some good reason to not run enable_rc_conf() on any of
>> these platforms now? I cannot test this though, could you?
>
> No port specific reason for hp300 (and it was written before I took over
> the port-master's role),

OK, so I guess you can remove the #if notdef there! :-)

> but I often wonder why network isn't configured
> during sysinst if we install sets from a local disk and whether it's okay
> to say "configured."

I think there's an item on the front screen of sysinst or in the utility
menu there to configure network. I've never really tried that, and for me
a machine coming up without network is fine enough to count as
'configured'. (Which doesn't mean that I would mind having sysinst store
proper config! It's just not on my scope here :)

  - Hubert