Subject: Re: one stop towards install CDs
To: None <tech-install@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 02/11/2006 09:03:48
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> >>I propose building an iso (or several ones) as part of 'build.sh
> >>release' from src/distrib as the primary way.
> >
> >I would use the etc iso-image target for that (build.sh already has
> >support for that).
>
> Uhu.
> Well, so what ISO does that build - one with a generic kernel,
> generic-laptop, generic-small, -tiny, ...?

Whatever you have lying around in your RELEASEDIR gets packed up into an
ISO image.  You can override CDROM_BOOT_IMAGE on the make command line
to control what floppy image is made bootable.

> I'm not convinced this is the way to go.

Probably not, but I find it convenient.  For example, I sometimes add a
few binary pkgs to the RELEASEDIR after building but before making a CD
image.

--apb (Alan Barrett)