Subject: Re: one stop towards install CDs
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 02/11/2006 00:30:38
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 11:57:55PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> I think it's easiest to kill the etc iso-image target,

No, that is a very handy and simple target to create single arch
CDs easily. It definitively should not go away.

> I propose building an iso (or several ones) as part of 'build.sh release'
> from src/distrib as the primary way.

I would use the etc iso-image target for that (build.sh already has support
for that).

The creation of CDs from src/distrib/cdrom requires a complex config
file. It is great for it's primary purpose, but way overcomplex for
one shot single arch builds.

Martin